Want to implement Genius Hour in a manageable and meaningful way?
I have finally created a comprehensive package that will provide everything that you need to make Genius Hour make sense. Below are the resources that you can access through my website...
- Genius Hour Skills Enhancement Suite: A collection of learning experiences designed to address specific skills throughout the Genius Hour process.
- Genius Hour Learning Guides: A guidebook for learners designed for them to document their learning and Genius Hour experience as they work on their project.
- Genius Hour: Passion Projects that Ignite Innovation and Student Inquiry: The book that started it all. This book will help you understand the process and why this type of learning is so important for today's students.
Genius Hour helped me find my passion for teaching and helped my learners find their passion for learning.
Genius Hour or passion-based learning changed everything for me. I had become complacent and comfortable in my teaching practice which meant that my classroom was a pretty boring place to be...for me and for my learners. After realizing that what I was doing was not meaningful for my learners, I found Genius Hour and I'm so glad that I did. This page is dedicated to sharing Genius Hour resources for you to utilize as you and your learners begin your own Genius Hour journey.
The 6 Ps of Genius Hour
This is the process that I created to make Genius Hour manageable for educators and meaningful for learners. It gave my learners a roadmap of sorts as they worked on their projects. Most of my content around Genius Hour revolves around sharing this process and helping educators, campuses, and districts understand how to implement it well.Genius Hour PD
"After two years of unsuccessfully trying to incorporate Genius Hour in my GT classroom, I started this year with a positive mindset, followed the 6 P’s, and the results are amazing!!!! We pitched this week and I can’t wait to see these projects come to life!" ~ Haley Bilberry
Books about Genius Hour
Below is a list of all of the books that I know of that share practical advice regarding how to implement passion-based learning in the classroom.
- The Passion-Driven Classroom by Angela Maiers
- The Genius Hour Guidebook by Denise Krebs and Gallit Zvi
- Inquiry and Innovation the Classroom: Using 20% Time, Genius Hour, and PBL to Drive Student Success by AJ Juliani
- Bringing Genius Hour to your Library: Implementing a Schoolwide Passion Project Program by Elizabeth Rush
- Pure Genius: Building a Culture of Innovation and Taking 20% Time to the Next Level by Don Wettrick
- Genius Hour: Passion Projects that Ignite Innovation and Student Student Inquiry by Andi McNair 😉
- Ready-To-Use Resources: Genius Hour in the Classroom by Andi McNair 😉
Genius Hour Gurus
Below is a list of the people that I learned from as I began to implement Genius Hour in my classroom. As far as I am concerned, these guys are my heroes and I will always be thankful for their support, friendship, and guidance as I made this a reality for me and my learners.
Don Wettrick @donwettrick
Gallit Zvi @gallit_z
Denise Krebs @mrsdkrebs
Joy Kirr @JoyKirr
AJ Juliani @ajjuliani
Angela Maiers @AngelaMaiers
Hugh McDonald @hughtheteacher
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about this type of learning and how you might make it a reality in your classroom, I would love to connect. You can email me at [email protected] and I will do the best I can to respond within 48 hours.